Seeing Midlife women come though menopause feeling stronger, wiser and fired up for what I see as our best years; it’s one of the most pleasurable parts of my work. Menopause Yoga (MY) is a part of what I offer women in the peri, meno and post menopause years. You can work with me at workshops or one-to-one.
Menopause Yoga (MY) workshops and classes are full of helpful information and tips about:
- Natural remedies
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Whether you’re perimenopausal, in menopause transition or a post-menopausal woman, MY is designed with you in mind. Whether you’re using HRT or you’re managing symptoms without, either by choice or because HRT isn’t right for you, MY can help you manage symptoms.
MY has been created after years of research by fully qualified and experienced yoga teacher Petra Coveney who is also a member of the British Menopause Society. Her Menopause Yoga Teacher Training programme, of which Deana Morris is a graduate, has been accredited by both the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) and Yoga Alliance (YA). MY has been developed with the support of Dr Louise Newson, recognised as one of the UK’s leading menopause experts.
Contact me if you have any queries.
Menopause Yoga Workshops, Classes and Online Retreats Coming Up…
If you’d like one-to-one classes or organise a MY Workshop as part of your women’s event, do get in touch. Women together create powerful change, I’m very happy to work collaboratively.
NEW – Menopause Yoga at Yoga Life Studios
South Street, Eastbourne
Saturday 23 October 2021 – 4pm-6.30pm
Stepping into Your Second Spring – a Midlife Yoga Workshop £25
Including Menopause Yoga for managing anxious feelings, hot flushes and insomnia
Yoga offers us a wealth of practices to help us manage many of the physical aspects of menopause with more ease.
But getting excited about our future, our post menopause life… What about that?
Menopause Yoga and Wellbeing
Whether you’re in perimenopause, menopause or post-menopause life, the hormonal changes we experience can continue to impact our lives now and in the years to come.
But we can take action – and we can get inspired about our future.
October is Menopause Month and at Yoga Life Studios we’re celebrating with a Midlife Yoga Workshop where we’ll focus on three of the most common menopause experiences. We’ll explore:
- yoga postures, breath practices, and meditations to help you deal with anxious feelings, hot flushes and insomnia
- enjoy a women’s circle where you can talk freely about what’s been happening for you and hear from others’ wisdom too
- use guided meditation to gain insights into what we can create for ourselves as we step into our Second Spring and our future lives.
There’s lots to pack in within these sessions, which is why they’re each an hour and a half long.
We’ll begin each week with a Sharing Circle where we talk about what’s been changing for us. Each week we’ll cover different practices and sequences aiming to support you emotionally and physically, themed around some of the biggest issues for women during this time, such as feeling low, sleep and weight changes, brain fog and, of course, overheating.
Limited mats so please book with the Yoga Life Studio using the button below.
A Stress-Less Midlife Mini Home Retreat featuring Menopause Yoga
Sunday 27 June 2021 from 3pm-6pm UK-time on Zoom | Cost: £25
Feeling overwhelmed right now?
Enjoy a stress-less, mini home yoga retreat, featuring Menopause Yoga – for women who want to let go of midlife worries.
Together we’ll move through yoga posture sequences, breath work and meditations all focusing on reducing some of the pressures we can experience, from perimenopause onwards.
Our generation can celebrate being pioneers in accelerating menopause education, but being able to see the wood for the trees for ourselves can be overwhelming when are hormones are shifting.
Know you are not alone.
What you can expect:
- A sharing circle where you can talk, ask questions, listen, share your knowledge and discover what other women have found works for them.
- Posture sequences designed to calm anxiety symptoms – and suitable for yoga beginners onwards
- Breath practises you can use to troubleshoot when you’re experiencing some of the most commonly experienced menopause symptoms
- Meditations to help support your inner strength
- Journaling techniques to support your menopause life
- A beautiful deep relaxation to closeA celebration of our Second Spring – because all is coming!